Senior Project Engineer – Taunton
The candidate will cover the functions of an Engineering Manager and Project Engineer who is capable of developing and promoting the Pancon label. The Senior Engineer will take concepts from the first idea to serial production, working in cooperation with sales, our customers, our suppliers and our production team. The Senior Project Engineer must have extensive experience with connector systems (or a related technology such as switches and sensors), plastic molding, progressive die stamping and assembly automation. The candidate must demonstrate a technical knowledge base sufficient to effectively understanding our connector products within the customer’s application.
• Works with customers to develop solutions resulting in the design-in of Pancon products.
• Analyzes technological requirements and identifies opportunities for connectors.
• Evaluates technical solution and understands the working environment.
• Makes key recommendations to the customer to satisfy and improve upon the requirement.
• Analyzes customer application requirements to determine the project feasibility.
• Is experienced in working with 3D CAD systems (preferably PTC CREO).
• The preferred candidate will have CAD and network administration knowledge.
• Maintains the “Toll Gate” process requirements, develops products and program implementation plans.
• Tracks, monitors, and communicates the status of projects and design activities with the Director of Engineering and the Sales and Production teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field related to connector systems, i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Plastic Molding or Contact Stamping technologies.
• 10 years minimum experiences as Project Engineer.
• Must have good organizational skills for effectively formulating technical specifications to build credibility with customer base.
• Requires good interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
• Product development under consideration of IATF 16949 – from the first idea to implementation into serial production
• Document creation and handling (Drawings, Specifications, and Manuals, Testing criteria and Tooling documentation).
• Experience in project management and product cost calculation.
• Computer proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com