Corporate Account Field Applications Engineer – Lynchburg, VA (preferably) or Taunton, MA
In existence for over 60 years, the Paktron brand of Pancon Corporation is one of the oldest capacitor manufacturers in the US. Paktron is the technological leader in the manufacturer of multilayer polymer film capacitors and sells across diverse markets including automotive, commercial, Hi-Rel, military, space and telecommunications. Paktron specializes in the production of metallized Multilayer Polymer (MLP) Film Capacitors for a wide range of mission critical applications. Products featured are the Angstor® Capacitor (miniature radial leaded capacitor), Capstick® Capacitor (lead-frame capacitor), Surfilm® Capacitor (surface mount chip capacitor) and the oldest, most widely recognized trademark in the industry for an RC (resistor-capacitor) snubber networks, Paktron’s Quencharc® Capacitor (RC network snubber capacitor).
Pancon is seeking a Corporate Account Field Applications Engineer who has the technical and Sales Marketing focus to join our team. The position is responsible for developing existing and new customers with application opportunities that result in new business for Pancon with emphasis on the Paktron brand . The position will interface directly with circuit designers in the field and provide technical support and guidance to key and corporate account and assist other Corporate Account Managers. The position will work with Paktron’s factory operations staff to specify, select and analyze the costs and market for new applications/products. Additionally the position will perform technical capability presentations to OEM customers, Distributors, Sales reps, trade shows and technology symposiums.
- Work with customers to develop customer specific solutions resulting in the design-in of Pancon products.
- Analyze customer application requirements and work with Pancon Development Engineering to determine project feasibility.
- Develop product and program implementation plans.
- Keep current with the latest technology.
- Track, monitor, and communicate the status of project and design activities
- Support application development activities.
- Build credibility with customer base so they continually use Pancon as a primary source.
- Consistently provide product training for Sales reps and Distribution sales teams
- Participate in the marketing activities of the company.
- Attend trade shows and technology symposiums.
- Accompany the Sales team on customer visits.
- Assist Marketing/Sales with forecasting and sales budgeting
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferably or related field
- Three – five years minimum experience in a technical marketing/sales preferably related to electronic design and/or component manufacturing preferred
- Power systems experience preferred, direct work experience with electronic components
- Requires knowledge of electrical interconnect and electronic components and their proper selection in both analog and digital power and pass filter circuitry.
- Must be familiar with snubber circuitry theory and bypass products for circuit protection.
- Industry experience required for selecting/specifying capacitors for power electronics.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Application Process: Interested candidates should apply by submitting a resume to human resources or applying to email@example.com.